Intellisense lied to me!

An odd thing happened today, and I still don’t dully understand why. I was trying to create a ws-s aware client in VS 2003, for a C++ .net console application. I added a web reference, changed the generated file to inherit from WebServicesClientProtocol. Then went to use the proxy, but oddly enough intellisense didn’t suggest that there was a property on the client called RequestSoapContext:

Intellisense Lies

So for ages I tried to fix the problem, then on a hunch I tried just ‘blind typing’ the code. compiled fine, and ran fine. So why was intellisense lying to me? Something to do with Intellisense caching the types of objects? Any ideas?

Advertisements

About Alex McMahon

I am a software developer, interested in .net, agile, alt.net. I've previously specialised with .net 3.0 technologies like WCF, whereas now I am trying to specialise in agile development and best practice and patterns. I am obsessed with looking at the latest technologies, tools, and methods, and trying them out. I am currently employed by Rockwell Collins in the UK.
This entry was posted in C++. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s