A couple of days ago I started developing my TranslationTester. To do this I needed to get my home PC up to speed in terms of a development stack. At work I have a pretty much MS stack (Rhino Mocks being about the only exception), but I wanted to see what the open source offerings would be. So currently I have:
- IDE – Sharp Develop, (3.0 Beta 2)
- .Net Framework – (3.5 SP1)
- Windows/.Net SDK – (6.1)
- Code/Style Analysis – FxCop (1.36), StyleCop (4.3)
- Testing – NUnit (2.4.8)
- Source Control Client – Tortoise SVN (1.5.3)
- Source Control Server – Google Code
- Issue Tracking – Google Code
So far I’m pretty impressed, particularly with #Develop. The integration between them all is top notch; One of my worries with Subversion was that to get integrated source control with Visual Studio required a commercial plugin (as far as I’m aware), with #Develop and TortoiseSVN there’s great integration and it tracks and indicates which files you’ve changed right in the IDE.
I’ve setup a Google Code project for the TranslationTester, I’ll start linking to it soon, once I’ve got a bit more up there.